Forever 5 & 10 Mile Trail Races
1/29/2022 – Tentative Race Date
Registration Fees – Race registration should go live around 11/1/21;
$26.00 on or before January 4th (plus online processing fee)
$31.00 after January 4th (plus online processing fee)
$36.00 on Race Day
$31.00 on or before January 4th (plus online processing fee)
$36.00 after January 4th (plus online processing fee)
$41.00 on Race Day
Due to the size of this parking lot this race will be capped at 250 runners
This race uses part of the Hellgate 100k course (miles 55-60) and is known as the Forever Section. It’s a tough rocky section of the Glenwood Horse Trail that goes between Day Creek Day Use area to Bobblett Gap Road. Both courses will be out and back. The 5 miler will have a volunteer or timing point at the halfway point and the 10 miler will have a timing point at Bobblett Gap Road to verify that you made it all the way to the turnaround.
Make sure you carpool when you can and park closely to the person next to you. The park has limited parking.
Packet Pickup and Race Day Info:
Thursday 2/3/22 at Gilbert Chiropractic in Salem – 375-3990; from 10-1 & 3-6.
Friday 2/4/22 at Fleet Feet Sports in Roanoke – 4347 Franklin Road – 777-1166; from 10am-6pm
Saturday 2/5/22 – Registration and Packet Pickup at Day Creek Day Use Area – 7:15-8:45
There will be a Race Briefing at 8:40
Parking for the race: Please Carpool and park as closely as you can to the person next to you.
5 Mile Course Map
Awards/Race Age Groups:
The top 3 male and female overall and 1st place male and female masters winners of each race will receive unique awards.
13 male and female age groups with medals given to the top 3 in each age group
Age brackets for the races include, for both male and female: 14 and under; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70 & up.
If you win an award and cannot stay for the awards presentation, we’ll have the awards at Gilbert Chiropractic, for 2 weeks (540-375-3990). After that, they will go into the rotation for the next year.
RACE DAY RULES:
- Race number must be on your front, and visible at all times.
- Follow the marked trail – no short cutting. We have eyes everywhere!
- Communicate and be courteous when passing or being passed.
- Same goes for our volunteers. They’ve taken their day off to help you.
- Headphones (ipods, mp3 players, etc) are permitted only if you keep the volume down so that you can hear other runners behind you and our volunteers when they need to get your attention. Failure to do this will jeopardize the use of headphones for you and the other runners in the future.
- Dogs are NOT permitted.
- If you drop out of the race, please let us know at the finish line.
Directions to course:
Day Creek Day Use area is just off of Route 460. Turn onto Camp Jaycee road and then head about 1.2 miles to the left hand turn on to Black Horse Gap Road.
For Race Information Contact:
Mountain Junkies L.L.C.
212 East Main Street, Salem, VA 24153