It’s getting real! RNUTS XII is almost upon us. Here is the Frozen Toe 10k entrant list https://mountainjunkies.net/Frozen_Toe…/Frozen_Toe_PreReg.htm
Check it out and let me know if you see anything that needs updating – email@example.com
If for some reason you can’t make it to the race let us know. As long as we can fill your spot we’ll transfer or refund your entry minus $5 and any RunSignUp fees.
There may be a change or two prior to the event but this is who made it in.
Have a great end to 2019 and we’ll see you Saturday January 4th.
Join us on Saturday December 21st for the fifth Mountain Junkies holiday cookie run. What could be more fun than running trails and then eating cookies?
Cookies you say?
It’s a simple format with one basic rule. You have to bring homemade cookies to participate.
- We meet at 8:30a.m. at the Hollins University Dining Hall.
- At 9:00a.m. we run the Tinker Creek Greenway to Carvins Cove boat docks and back to Hollins (approximately 7 miles total).
- You don’t have to run the whole way.
- Regardless of speed, I’d suggest everyone turnaround at 30 minutes and head back.
- Hollins University has been gracious to allow us to host this cookie run each year and we would like to show our appreciation by collecting donations for the Hollins University Student Emergency Fund. This fund offers small loans to students who find themselves in financial predicaments – from needing money for textbooks, to needing cash to get home to see an ill family member.
- If you plan on writing a check just make it out to Hollins University and in the subject line put Freya Emergency Loan Fund.
- We will also accept cash.
- Please consider making a contribution – every little bit counts!
- Please contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you plan to attend. We’d like know how many calories we need to burn that week so we can try all the cookies.
Hollins University Map
On the map, the Dining Hall is #22. The Moody Center and we’ll be meeting at the Rathskeller.
Once back we enjoy cookies, coffee, tea, cocoa, and oh yeah, socializing with other mountain junkies.
So let’s end the year in the company of friends; sweaty, caffeinated and over sugared.
The preregistered list for the race has been posted and will be updated periodically until the race. There are two waves in the preregistered list. Look it over and let me know if you need anything updated.
2020 Roanoke Non Ultra Trail Series Schedule;
01/04/20 – 11th Frozen Toe 10k
02/29/20 – 16th Annual Explore Your Limits 5k and 10k
03/14/20 – 12th Montvale 5 & 10 Miler – at Montvale Park.
04/04/20 – 12th Mill Mountain Mayhem 10k
05/02/20 – 13th Trail Nut 10k and Half Marathon at Bedford’s Falling Creek Park
05/31/20 – 10th Conquer the Cove 25k and Marathon
This year we will be headquartered in the Arthur Taubman Center (across the courtyard of the Visitors Center). That means we have a course change too. See all of the updates on our webpage – https://mountainjunkies.net/into-the-darkness-night-trail-run/
See who is registered here – https://mountainjunkies.net/Fab_5k_files/Fab5k_PreReg.htm
The list will be periodically updated as more people register up until race morning.
In just over 2 weeks we’ll be headed to Green Hill Park to direct the 23rd Fab 5k. This isn’t our typical Mountain Junkies event but it is the first we directed as Mountain Junkies LLC, way back in 2007. It is also one of the fastest races in the valley and consistently gets a lot of runners under 18 years of age.
Make your way over to the race page for all the details and to signup – https://mountainjunkies.net/fab-5k/
The final RNUTS point standings have been updated as of 6/3/19. Congrats on a great season on running. Let me know if you see anything that needs attention. There is a lot of math in there and I may have missed a thing or two.
We are really looking forward to tomorrow’s race and giving you a tour of what Carvins Cove has to offer.
The short of it is, we ask that you carpool (pretty please).
There has been a lot of interest in the race this week and yesterday we decided to close registration. The biggest limitation we have in regards to entrants is parking. The parking at Loch Haven is limited and we encourage you to not only carpool but to not wait until the last minute to arrive. There will be a race briefing at 6:10 where we will discuss the course, markings and anything else pertinent to the race that has changed in the last few days.
If you can’t carpool, you should think about meeting someone at the following options and then coming to the race together.
Once at Loch Haven, please park closely to the vehicle next to you. Parking is limited. We will have a couple people at Loch Haven to guide you to where to park.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow and providing a great and memorable experience.
We have posted the entrant lists for Sunday’s Conquer the Cove races as of 5/28 at noon;