Join us on Saturday December 21st for the fifth Mountain Junkies holiday cookie run. What could be more fun than running trails and then eating cookies?
Cookies you say?
It’s a simple format with one basic rule. You have to bring homemade cookies to participate.
- We meet at 8:30a.m. at the Hollins University Dining Hall.
- Group Picture at 8:50a.m.
- At 9:00a.m. we run the Tinker Creek Greenway to Carvins Cove boat docks and back to Hollins (approximately 7 miles total).
- You don’t have to run the whole way.
- Regardless of speed, I’d suggest everyone turnaround at 30 minutes and head back.
- Hollins University has been gracious to allow us to host this cookie run each year and we would like to show our appreciation by collecting donations for the Hollins University Student Emergency Fund. This fund offers small loans to students who find themselves in financial predicaments – from needing money for textbooks, to needing cash to get home to see an ill family member.
- If you plan on writing a check just make it out to Hollins University and in the subject line put Freya Emergency Loan Fund.
- We will also accept cash.
- Please consider making a contribution – every little bit counts!
- Please contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you plan to attend. We’d like to know how many calories we need to burn that week so we can try all the cookies.
Hollins University Map
On the map, the Dining Hall is #22. The Moody Center and we’ll be meeting at the Rathskeller.
Once back we enjoy cookies, coffee, tea, cocoa, and oh yeah, socializing with other mountain junkies.
So let’s end the year in the company of friends; sweaty, caffeinated and over sugared.